Friday, March 03, 2006

20 Pounds in 40 Days

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, a time of sacrifice commemorating JC's 40 days spent wandering in the desert. So I decided I wanted to make a sacrifice of my own. I am not a gung-ho catholic, or even practicing for that matter, but I need a challenge or goal to work towards since things have been pretty stale lately. It's not so much a spiritual thing but rather an exercise in self-control and self-discipline. I propose to lose 20 pounds in 40 days or March 1st till April 9th. As some added incentive, monetary wagers will be accepted and are encouraged.

Day 3
current weight: 190
target weight: 170

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

wait wait weight. who will be the independent measurer of any decrease in weight?

ok people, i put $5 on this last night (more as a supportive wager, rather than competitive). so cart out the cheesecakes, beer, and candy and put it right in front of him...

6:36 AM  
Blogger Gootman said...

No way you lose 20 pounds. You'd have to stop drinking for 40 days, which isn't going to happen. I'll take 5 you coming up short.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

what's the update on this?

the lack of updates make me think we're going to be adding $5 onto the 2 pool losses to, ahem, me.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home